Extend your Team with our RPG Developers
Our team of AS400/IBM i developers has an enviable experience in transforming applications, developing customized new applications, upgrades, modernizing legacy screens, iSeries OS upgrade, AS/400 administration, enhancing ERP applications, deployments across multiple locations, building web portals/front-end and data transfer, documentation creation, testing, performance analysis, reverse engineering, data security and maintenance on IBM iSeries (AS/400, System i) platform.
RPG Developers – Technical Skills
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in RPG (across versions – III, IV, ILE) and CL/CLLE
- Well versed with writing complex SQL statements, Stored Procedures, Query
- Strong understanding of ILE Concepts – Service Programs, Procedures, Modules, Binder Source
- Excellent knowledge of Subfiles, Data Structures, Triggers, Journaling, Free format coding
- Excellent knowledge of CLLE commands and programming
- Extensive experience in JDA MMS and BPCS/LX ERP systems
- Expertise in automation and modernization of legacy applications – Using Websmart PHP, PHP, Web services
- Deep knowledge of hosting and consuming Webservices for API’s, FTP concepts for communication with third party application
- Well versed with change management tools like ALDON, TURNOVER, THENON
- Experience with analysis tools like HAWKEYE, X-Analysis
- Experience in migration and OS upgrade
- Extensively provide support, enhancement and development for iSeries applications
- Fair understanding of Codd’s rules for Relational Database Systems and data normalization
- Familiarity with data normalization and data import and export
- Can handle Web service security, app server, Performance Testing
- Working experience on IFS, iSeries Navigator and Networking concepts
- Have knowledge on SQL performants tuning
- Can resolve complex problems occurring on the IBMi servers
- Deep expertise in IBMi system administration tasks
- Can manage backups and maintain documentation
Our RPG Developers – Business Skills
- Have advanced skills in analysing, designing, developing, implementing, testing, and maintaining application codes.
- They have always displayed strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Have a good understanding of technology & architectural concepts.
- Have excellent communication skills to the point that they can easily present technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Can create technical documentation.
- Can provide technical support during testing.
- Can assist in application or service deployment and provide post-deployment support.
- Can interact with client teams independently.
- Can work with the business team to gather requirements and translate them into a Business Requirement Document (BRD).
- Our RPG developers can easily develop technical documents while working with the clients based on BRD.
- Define test plan, perform unit, and string testing.
- Provide support for user acceptance testing & post implementation – they can easily resolve issues reported by application users based on criticality of the impact on internal and external customers.
- Experience in Agile, SCRUM and JIRA.
- Display holistic understanding of design patterns & principles.
- They carry deep understanding of technology & architectural concepts.
- Our developers have extensive teamwork experience and demonstrate impactful leadership abilities.
Scale your RPG Team to Reimagine Efficiency
Bring your AS400 iSeries IBMi project ideas to us and we can mutually decide whether you need a dedicated team based on contracts, fixed pricing for one-time projects or hourly pricing for on-going work. We’ll help you build, code, test and deploy your project according to your needs and within your timelines, because we are dedicated to helping you succeed first.
Frequently Asked Questions about AS400 Developer Hiring
Our expert iSeries evangelist will get in touch to understand your exact requirements and assess your project scope. We will offer you our scope of work document along with some suitable engagement models. Based on your preferences, we can begin the work or have our developer start work with you – in as less as 7 after the signing of the contract.
The cost of the AS400 iSeries application development project depends on multiple factors—project scope, technology stack, man-hours required, engagement model, business objective, workload volume/complexity, legacy state, and more. Having said that, we aim to strike a balance between cost, quality, and time for maximum customer satisfaction.
At Integrative, we do. Our developers have a notable experience in redeeming sub-optimal migration or application development. We can help you achieve almost all your goals and objectives, at half the time, twice the speed and within your budget.
The time duration needed to complete a project depends on the scope and the requirements. It can be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. We follow the agile development methodologies to ensure that your project gets delivered on time with the highest quality standards and within your set IT budget.
Yes. We provide IBM certified AS400, RPG, COBOL developers on hourly, weekly, monthly, and project-basis engagements. Our team has notable experience in developing robust applications using both, legacy and modern iSeries systems.